Online Gaming refers to the video games played over the Internet or through any computer network. Online game provides the players a platform to interact with each other over the Internet. Online gaming increases the player’s imagination powers and provides immense fun and enjoyment to them. Online gaming is different from only gaming as offline gaming does not have an internet connection. History of Online Gaming The credit of online gaming Ralph Henry Baer. He is an inventor, engineer, and video game designer. The concept of online gaming starts during the 1950s and 1960s. In 1986, SGI Dogfight was released, the first game to be played using the Internet. The core context behind producing online gaming is to check the performance of newly invented computers. Before SGI Dogfight, Online Gaming came in MUDs; MUD1 was the first MUD released in 1978. Benefits of Online gaming Online Gaming is a form of enjoyment and fun for children. Although most people think that online gaming is just an addiction, it can put children on the path of laziness and prevent them from socializing. But it is not so as online gaming increases the imagination power of the children, making them more creative and technology-friendly people. They become good at strategy planning, being friendly with unknown people, and improving their communication skills. Online gaming is beneficial for children in many ways : It is a great platform for the younger ones to
- develop their mind and learn creative things
- Online gaming increases aptitude, concentration, and brain’s speed to calculate and react to situations of the children.
- It built a multi-tasker in the personality of the children.
- We all live in the era of technology, and playing online games makes children skillful and talented for their future lives.
- It makes children comfortable communicating with unknown ones and builds confidence in them.
- It taught them about teamwork and always keeping their mind active.
- It encourages them to think deeply about various topics and develop a sense of passion in children.
- They get to know about the various ways to experience one story.
- Online gaming allows parents to set parental control to keep watch on their children.
- Parents can read reviews of various online games on the Internet to choose the correct game for their children
- Gaming guides for both children and parents are also available in physical and virtual forms.
- Parents can provide gaming books to their children, improving the habit of reading in their children.