If you’re like most email marketers, you probably have a pretty sizable list of email addresses that you’ve collected over the years. And if you’re like most email marketers, a good portion of those email addresses are probably invalid.
That’s because people change their email addresses all the time, whether they’re switching jobs, switching ISPs, or simply cleaning out their inboxes. As a result, your marketing emails may be going to a whole lot of nowhere.
Fortunately, there’s an easy way to clean up your list and make sure that all of your emails are going to valid addresses. All you need is a free email verifier tool. With an email verification tool, you can upload your entire list and the tool will check each address to see if it’s valid. If it is, great! If not, the tool will give you the option to remove the invalid address from your list.
Why You Should Verify Your Email Addresses
There are two main reasons why you should verify your email addresses before sending out your next marketing campaign.
- First, it’ll save you money. Every time you send an email to an invalid address, you’re essentially throwing money away because that email is never going to be seen by a real person. By verifying your addresses beforehand, you can avoid wasting money on emails that will never be read.
- Second, verifying your email addresses will improve your deliverability rate. The deliverability rate is a measure of how many of your emails actually make it into recipients’ inboxes. When you have a high deliverability rate, it means that more of your emails are getting through and being seen by potential customers.
When you have a low deliverability rate, it means that a lot of your emails are getting caught in spam filters or bouncing back as undeliverable. So not only will verifying your addresses save you money, but it’ll also help ensure that more of your emails are getting seen by the people who matter most.
Tips to Use a Free Email Verification Tool
Email verification is important for any business that wants to maintain a good reputation and avoid spam. There are many email verification tools available, but not all of them are free.
Check out the tips below:
- Go to the tool website in your web browser.
- Enter your email address in the “Email Address” field.
- Click the “Verify Email Address” button.
- Check your inbox for an email.
- Click the link in the email to confirm your account.
- Enter your email address and password in the “Login” fields.
- Click the “Login” button.
- Click the “Verify Now!” button next to the email address you want to verify.
- Wait for the verification process to complete. The results will be displayed on the screen.
- If the results say “Valid,” then the email address is valid and working correctly. If the results say “Invalid,” then the email address is invalid and you should remove it from your list or try another method of contact.
- Repeat steps 8-10 for each email address on your list that you want to verify.
- When you are finished verifying all of your email addresses, click the “Logout” link at the top of the page.
- Close the web browser window.
By following these steps, you can use a free email verification tool to verify the accuracy of your email list quickly and easily. This is an important step to take if you want to maintain a good reputation and avoid spam.
There are quite a few different email verification tools available online, and most of them offer a free trial so that you can try them out before committing to a paid subscription.